-->

Friday, October 11, 2013

Kid Approved Pumpkin Pie | Gluten Free | Sugar Free


My friend challenged me to find a gluten free pumpkin pie recipe. I think I did pretty well with it! My kids love it, and practically licked their plates clean! 

I used this recipe for the filling:

I used an 11 inch pie pan, and pricked the dough so that it would not puff up when it baked.  I baked it for 5 minutes, let it cool, then put it in the freezer for 30 minutes.

For the filling, I used a 15 oz can of Trader Joes Organic Pumpkin. I used 1 TBS of pumpkin pie spice instead of the combo of spices (but still added a little fresh lemon zest), and used Grade A maple syrup instead of Grade B. I used these awesome Wilton Bake Even Stripswhen baking the pie so that it baked evenly, and it only need 30 minutes in the oven.


I can't wait to make this again for Thanksgiving!




No comments:

Post a Comment