-->

Saturday, October 26, 2013

Chocolate Chip Almond Flour Pancakes | Gluten Free | Refined Sugar Free

I find that gluten free pancake mixes can taste a little gritty. This prompted my search for a simple, better tasting, better ingredient, homemade pancake recipe. We love these pancakes in our house. The syrup is already baked in! I make a batch of these, and then reheat them in the toaster oven throughout the week :)

Yields 8-9 pancakes

Ingredients:
1 cup blanched almond flour (I use Honeyville Blanched Almond Flour)
1/2 tsp baking soda
pinch of salt
1 tsp flaxseed meal (I use Bob's Red Mill Organic Flaxseed Meal)
1/4 cup plain unsweetened almond milk
1/8 cup Nutiva Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil

1/8 cup pure maple syrup
3 eggs
1/2 - 1/3 cup Enjoy Life Semi-Sweet Mini Chocolate Chips


Mix the dry ingredients then add in the wet ingredients. Add the chocolate chips last. In a medium high heat non-stick pan, pour in the mix as you would regular pancakes. These take a little longer to cook, and do not bubble up on the top. I like to shake the pan a little to see if the tops are set. When they are set, then flip carefully!



No comments:

Post a Comment