-->

Monday, July 15, 2013

Sarastoa Trader Joe Favorites

I have been keeping a list in my head of things I love and feel passionate about that I someday want to "share" with the blogging world. So I decided, let's spice up this photography blog and share them here.  It's a hodgepodge of ideas: crafts, baking, favorites, photography tips etc. I'm hoping this will be a place to showcase my photography work, as well as whatever else is spinning around my head at the moment ;)

So, here we go....

We are newbies to Trader Joes, as one opened in Sarasota about a year ago. After the first visit, we were hooked. For almost a year now, we've been practicing our version of "clean eating", part of which includes non-GMO food and no HFCS, so TJs was right up our alley. We live 45 minutes away, so we try to get there once a month to stock up on our favorites. A dear friend from Seattle was kind enough to share her TJs favorites with me before my first visit, and it was a huge help. I am sharing my favorites in the hopes of helping others new to TJs, or veterans find something yet discovered.


Hummus, plain and black olive
Chunky guacamole
Wine Country chicken salad with cranberries and pecans
Shredded mozzarella and cheddar cheeses (cows not treated with rBST)
Cheese sticks (cows not treated with rBST)
Plain greek yogurt and cottage cheese (cows not treated with rBST)
Yogurt squishers
Organic probiotic smoothies
Turkey hot dogs
Shaved brussell sprouts
Organic brown rice marshmallow treats
Dark chocolate honey mints (don't pass these up)
Organic pops (I carry these in my purse and give them to my kids in lieu of dum dums)
Chocolate chips (for baking)
Cocoa powder (unsweetened)
Vanilla extract (alcohol free)
Organic coconut sugar
Organic midnight moo chocolate sauce (great mixed in almond milk for "chocolate milk")
Coconut oil spray
Greek feta dressing
Balsamic vinaigrette 
Tuscan Italian dressing with balsamic vinegar
Pitted kalamata olives in EVOO
Organic Kosher sandwich pickles
Organic mayonnaise
Organic yellow mustard
Organic ketchup
Organic baked beans 
Organic vegetable broth
Creamy unsalted peanut butter
Almond butter - raw creamy unsalted (I buy almost their entire stock b/c sometimes they are out of it!)
Organic reduced sugar raspberry and strawberry preserves
Organic applesauce (unsweetened) 
Organic fruit wraps (like fruit roll-ups, but no added sugars. They come in a variety of flavors and you buy them as singles for .50)

Frozen:
Vegetable Panang curry (amazing)
Polenta with spinach and carrots
Quinoa Duo
Organic brown rice
Frozen blueberries and strawberries 
French fries
Chopped spinach (pesticide free)
Organic foursome - corn, peas, carrots, green beans

Chips:
Roasted plantain chips (I could eat the entire bag)
Quinoa and black bean tortilla chips (awesome with hummus)
Organic blue corn tortilla chips
Veggie chips (for the kids)

almonds, pecans, walnuts, pistachios...

* Everything I buy is gluten free
 
** Please leave me a comment with your TJs favorites!!


No comments:

Post a Comment